Outdoor movie events on inflatable movie screens re-create the experience of the old drive-in movie. With today’s new technology of inflatable movie screens and portable high-powered projectors, an open air cinema event can be hosted at any outdoor venue. Movie night events are becoming popular for organizations such as schools, churches, businesses and cities. Finding the right equipment provider to produce your movie night event is essential so that your organization produces an event that it is well received by your audience and is stress free to organize.
Before you hire an audio/visual company for your movie night event, you need to know that there are two kinds of companies that produce outdoor movie events:
1.) The first kind of company that produces events are: DJ, Bounce House rental companies, and people who think it showing flicks outdoors is fun as a side businesses to their actual full-time employment.
- Typically these kind of outdoor movie providers carry no insurance, or say they have insurance, but it does not cover outdoor movie event productions.
- These kind of companies typically hire people with NO particular skill set to work their outdoor movie events.
- Equipment from these kind of providers are inexpensive, usually is not commercial grade (but rather 123 movies equipment meant for personal use) or that is under-powered for an outdoor movie setting. Their equipment is really ment for indoor movie events.
2.) The second type of company that produces outdoor movie events are full-time businesses that specialize only in outdoor cinema productions.
- Professional companies that produce movie events outdoors will use theatrical grade screen surfaces, professional grade video and audio sound systems. Cinema production companies equipment include HD digital projectors and high-definition sound systems.
- Employees of professional cinema companies typically have background in working with stage and audio-visual equipment and often work in the film industry.
- Full time outdoor cinema productions companies will carry General Liability Insurance for exactly what they do which is outdoor movie events.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR HIRING A COMPANY TO PRODUCE YOUR MOVIE EVENT OUTDOORS.
Ask the following questions to the company you are looking to hire:
– Do you carry insurance and how much insurance do you carry?
Request a copy of the provider’s insurance and call the insurance agency listed on the paper. Find out if the business is covered for outdoor movie events or is the provider list as something else.